Being a woman of thousand clothes (story of a fashion major's life), I'm rockin' the naked hanger syndrome. But alas, no more. Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest, I have learned I can transform old, boring wire hangers...into art.I don't know about you, but I have come to realize I function better when I'm surrounded by nice and pretty things. Who doesn't? Unfortunately, I'm still living on a college budget which means that elegant padded and wooden hangers to hang my entire wardrobe are out of the question.
Thankfully, a couple of years ago I was working at Victoria's Secret when the company decided to switch from their fancy striped hangers in the Pink department to wooden hangers. Guess who snagged a
couple box of those bad boys? Brag moment over.
Miranda, that's genius! I know, i know. So here's what you need:
- Old, ugly, wire hanger
- Tulle fabric from a craft store - I used the kind that comes on the spool, but I also picked up some on clearance for $.25!! Yeah, you heard me. (If you know me, you know I'm always ballin' on a budget)
- Optional: Felted skinny ribbon and hot-glue gun for finishing look
several, and by several I mean a heck of a lot of thin strips of tulle (You can trim the edges later so that it looks more uniformed)
- Loop the strips of tulle fabric and tie in a not.
- Repeat Step 2 until your wire hanger is no longer nakey.
- Add optional felted ribbon for a spice of added adorableness, and add a few drops of hot-glue to make it stick. (I opted to forgo this step because I'm lazy, and also I transported my ribbon up to my apartment since I first made this...
- Voila! Beautiful, fancy hanger at your disposal for decoration or practical use.
Enjoy, my friends ♥
How many of you think you will give this DIY project a try? Let me know in your comments & post a photo of your finished hanger on your blog!