1. The best part of Spring in Texas are the fields of bluebonnets along the freeways
2. You know why Blue Bell Ice Cream taste so good? Because the cows think they're in Heaven :) -- Blue Bell is made in Brenham TX
3. The only bigger rivalry in Texas than between Texas A&M and Texas Longhorns is the Texas vs OU game in Dallas. By the way, I HATE this game because it makes traffic in Denton absolutely horrible!
4. "Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called...walking" - George W Bush -- this just cracked me up
5. San Antonio: Home of the Alamo, the Riverwalk and the Spurs. Fun Fact, my ancestor is Stephen Barrett Travis <3
6. Texas is the only state in the US that was formerly a country. It's also the only state that can secede from the union :)
7. Denton will always be my home away from home. Known for the University of North Texas, Texas Womens University, and the famous Fry Street where The Tomato once stood. If you aren't familiar, YouTube it!
8. Hollywood has some of the most awesome celebrities that are from Texas: Matthew Mcconaughey, Sandra Bullock, Kelly Clarkson, John Wayne, George Strait...do I really need to continue?
9. "You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
10. We know how to properly use the words y'all, fixin', gonna, and ma'am.
11. Texas is a state of mind. In fact, there's a running joke that to gain seniority you have to be at least a 4th generation Texan -- I'm a 6th Gen ;)
12. It's safe to say that we are loved all over the world. Many people in other countries might dislike us right off the bat if we say we're American, but the moment we say we're from Texas it's a whole 'nother ball game!
13. The best part about Texas and the only thing you really need to know is that I'm from Texas. And that's all that really matters!